details to follow! hhmmm cake….
I really need your support, especially as the group is new, so please tweet me on @HammersmithVeg then like our Hammersmith Facebook Page and email email@example.com if you can get involved in making Hammersmith greener and healthier!
Join the Hammersmith Veggies on Thursday 26th June at The Hammersmith Ram pub (81 King St, W6 9HW) from 7pm onwards. Everyone is welcome, veggie, vegan or meat eater! I have a small table/area booked for us. It’d be great to see people down there. It’s very casual, just a say hello for the first time type meet up.
So if you want to come by for one drink (or a fair few more, of course!) then please come along any time you can after 7. It’d be great to see you and get the group moving!
Eating out in Hammersmith & Fulham…
- The Gate restaurant – famous veggie/vegan restaurant – w69ql –
- Sagar Indian restaurant – veggie with vegan options – w69jt –
- 222 veggie vegan restaurant – amazing vegan restaurant- great buffet lunch and evening menu – w149nu –
- Planet Organic sw6 – has a café apparently (???) with veggie/vegan options
- Tai/To-fu/Lo-Fu buffet restaurant near shepherd’s bush – everything is vegan
- Mr Falaffel near Shepherds Bush station – everything vegan except cheese – only open during the day –
- Saigon Saigon (Vietnamese) & Eat Tokyo (Japanese) both have veggie options that are also ‘accidentally vegan’ as dairy is rarely used in Japanese or Vietnamese cuisine.
Buying vegan/veggie food in Hammersmith & Fulham…
- Bushwhacker Wholefoods – best local shop for vegan supplies such as tofu, vegan cheeses
Can you help me run this group/ help with our meetups?
Hello, I’m Mark and I’ve recently started the Hammersmith & Fulham Veggie Society.
There is lots to do – could you help me with organising the meet-ups or researching local shops that are great for vegans and veggies?
Win meals out and products every Monday!
Congrats to the past winners…
March 24th: EVERYONE won a prize to kick of this competition … See the full collection of the winning #meatfree meals on our facebook page. Left: @CandyceIsHere and Above: @lauraXsynthesis with a lovely vegan pizza!!
Congrats to @calleigh_marie @cathymullan @lauraXsynthesis @theveganronin @candyceishere @cathedralsdavid @CllrJamesBarber @moorishhumous @puppetfut for winning a prize! Remember all you need to do is send in a picture of your lunch!
Past prizes March 24th…
Mean Green Food stall in East Dulwich – Yvette Marshall has kindly donated a meal package of samosas x2, roasted butternut squash, red onion and garlic with lentils, 5 quinoa fritters and aubergine & chickpea curry and rice – total value £15!
Blue Brick Cafe – Dan Hughes, has kindly donated a meal for two. You can pick from homemade sausage and mash, curry, spaghetti or the delicious Full English featured here? Location: 14 Fellbrigg Road, East Dulwich, SE22 9HH.
The coconuts used to create this premium Virgin Oil are organically grown in Sri Lanka, where traditionally every part of the coconut tree is used, giving local farmers a sustainable income. Use in cooking or on the skin!
Check out their online catalogue. Location: Wandsworth, but prizes will be posted to you.
The Veggie Table – Anna has kindly donated 5 handmade veggie burgers to be won! The ultimate veggie burger, made with organic vegetables, quinoa, nuts, sultanas and cumin. Bursting with protein, calcium and iron, its gluten free, vegan and absolutely delicious. Guaranteed to keep you going all day! Location: Borough market.
Cubana – kindly donated a meal for two and cocktails! “Cubana is London’s freshest, juiciest and best value Cuban Bar Restaurant. Cubana is famous for freshly-prepared Latin American food, fresh tropical cocktails and smoothies – and late-night live Cuban music! Mauricio Gouveia, Cubana’s General Manager Find us on Facebook 48 Lower Marsh, London, SE1 7RG
We have 5,000 flyers to be distributed in Southwark by 2015.
Display them in local shops, cafes, sports centres, libraries and also your on your street.
Where have we already flyered – CLICK HERE FOR A MAP!!!
- Find your collection point (on the map) or download the Flyer
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me where you are going to display them – we will add to our Southwark Map.
- Tweet me a picture @LondonVeganSoc or share on our Facebook Page for your chance to win a meal for two in London!
Thank you very much for your support, Tom, Nuala and Duncan, Southwark Vegans Team.
Here lies anything we class as ‘good stuff or ideas’, from Rooms to let, vegan babysitters to other non-vegan focused campaigns for you to get involved in…
Room for rent… Single room to rent for 3 months (possible extension) with one other vegan & two cats. West London Zone 3. Rent per calendar month £540 which includes all bills; water, electricity, gas, council tax, Sky TV, Landline phone (calls excluded) and Broadband Internet. You will have use of the whole house: Lounge, Dining Room leading onto a courtyard garden, bathroom with tub & over tub shower and Kitchen. Includes washing machine & dishwasher. The room is furnished with a single bed, book shelf, cupboard and clothes rail. Near to Gunnersbury Station, South Ealing Station, Brentford Station and Kew Bridge Station. Contact Marina for more information marina_lacueva
The Big Vegan Count! – We would love to know how many vegans there are in England (and the rest of the world!), so make sure if you are a vegan then click the link and make sure you are counted. So far we have had 1,200 responses in 5 days! People from 48 countries have participated in the survey so far, 53% from UK, US 23%, followed by Canada & Australia and then all the other countries make up 12%. 22% of the people from the UK were from London, and Londoners were 11% of the total result. 72% of total are female, 28% male.
Vegan Travel page – check out cool vegan hotspots across the world and email us to include your vegan and vegetarian adventures.
Vegan Food Magazine a new UK-based food magazine launching in October 2013 of this year, dedicated to great vegan food – 100% vegan food! I thought members of your group might be interested as you follow vegan and vegetarian lifestyles.Our launch issue will include dozens of inspiring recipes, interviews with some of the top vegan food writers as well as a number of food-related features, reviews of restaurants, vegan products, competitions and city-focus features. And best of all, our magazine is completely free to subscribe to and available to view online or download for free. Samantha Gould Co-Editor
Proposal to change Vegan month from November to Summertime!
Proposed by David Gore, seconded by Thomas Micklewright: “That the vegan society move ‘vegan month’ to summertime for 2015, so that veganism can be demonstrated when vegan foods a most seasonably available and the weather is more conducive to outdoor activities and demonstrations.”
Other ‘Good idea’ Campaigns
One day the British government will advocate healthy eating by reduction of animal products. To achieve this, we have started meat free mondays in Southwark, London. In 2015 we will be start them in Lambeth and Hackney. Want to help?
On 7th October 2014 Thomas & Hema will be meeting Cllr Barrie Hargrove to discuss how Southwark council can implement the agreed motion below. Lets hope Barrie gives us a big thumbs up!
- Council assembly notes the benefits to personal health and the environment of lowering the consumption of meat.
- Council assembly therefore calls on cabinet to promote meat free options in schools and council buildings every Monday, and also promote the benefits of reducing meat consumption to council staff. ((The motion was forwarded in July 2014 by COUNCILLOR GRAHAM NEALE (Seconded by Councillor James Barber))
A special thank you to Southwark councillors Anood Al-Sameria (Leader of Lib Dems), Graham Neale (a vegan and former Chair of The Vegan Society), James Barber and Stephen Govier who made the motion possible. Also three Members of Parliament: Simon Hughes MP, Tessa Jowell MP, Harriet Harman MP, London Assembly Member (Southwark/ Lambeth): Valerie Shawcross for supporting.
Can you help us start meat free mondays in Lambeth? Email email@example.com
Benefits of Meat Free Mondays
- Better for residents health – reduce illness and obesity. Oxford University’s department of public health found eating meat no more than three times a week could save the NHS £1.2 billion in costs and prevent 31,000 deaths from heart disease, 9,000 deaths from cancer and 5,000 deaths from stroke every year.
- Better for the environment – reduce Southwark’s carbon foot print – meat production uses more water, energy, land and creates more CO2 and methane than a plant based diet. United Nation Food and Agriculture Organization estimates livestock production is “one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global”.
- Better for the animals – Billions of animals are farmed and killed for meat each year, most in intensive factory farms, ending their lives with a brutal death. Eating less meat is a compassionate step that helps prevent animal cruelty and suffering.
Welcome to Tower Hamlets Veggie and Vegan Society page. Could you help us organise our first meet up or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of other great veggie friendly places in Tower Hamlets?
Leader: TBC Could you be it? Event Organiser: Conor Harrington Find us on Facebook. We have 22 members and looking for more!
If you know of any veggie things happening in TH then please get in touch!
Next Meeting: 28 November 2013, 7pm onwards
On 28 November 2013 from 7.30pm-9pm at The Gallery Cafe, St Margarets House, Old Ford Road, E2 9PL. Join us for food and drink and a chat about how we can make Tower Hamlets greener! Reply on our Facebook event page or email email@example.com to let us know you are coming!
Vidmate is an app that lets you download videos and songs from Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, SoundCloud, Metacafe, and loads of other multimedia sites. FREE Download Vidmate App 3.08 VidMate app is an easy to use and powerful android app to download
More about The Gallery Cafe: www.stmargaretshouse.org.uk/ga… An art gallery based in a cafe that’s a community-run charity. The Gallery Cafe is a unique place to eat and relax, situated near the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green. We offer a delicious selection of vegan and vegetarian food, an exciting program of live events, and a new art exhibition from an up-and-coming artist every month. The Gallery Cafe is a cosy sanctuary during the winter months, and comes alive in the summer with its sun trap terrace and garden, making it a great spot to enjoy all year round.
The Larder: Globe Road but it is only open til 7 every night I believe.
G&T: Great little vegan coffee shop on Cambridge Heath Road
Westminster is a little thin on the ground for people but loads of places to eat out…
Thanks to Sarah Zittrer for these:
1. Vitao –http://www.vitao.co.uk/ This place is great! You can eat from the buffet for £6.50 for a medium plate. Smaller and larger options are also available, as well as a la carte selections. A full range of juices, smoothies and hot vegan coffees, teas and plant milks are available. The only problem here is that I always eat too much!
2. Food for Thought – http://foodforthought-london.co.uk/ Amazing selection of vegetarian and vegan food. Gluten free options also available. Delicious home-cooked type food, and very generous portion sizes. Prices vary depending on the dish you order, but for a set meal it will cost about £8.
3. Tibits –http://www.tibits.co.uk/e/
Delicious, amazing and varied buffet. Hot and cold foods available. Lunch and dinner prices differ, but your meal is priced according to weight. Both vegetarian and vegan options available, as well as a variety of coffee, tea, juices, and alcoholic beverages as well. Be careful how much you pile on your plate, as the prices can add up!
Hey, welcome to Brent. We have 25 members and need leaders and more helpers, so get in touch!
ANIMAL BLESSING AND THANKSGIVING SERVICE FOR PETS
The service will feature prayers, readings and hymns, having our relationship with the animal kingdom as its theme and ending with the blessing of individual animals The event celebrates World Animal Day, the feast day of St.Francis of Assisi, which is on October 4.
Cydia application is that reason that you jailbreak your iOS gadget Cydia sources and repos to download Cydia apps Individuals that commonly acquire jailbroken Apple iPhone or iPad, they discover Cydia application however they never troubled to consider it
The service this year is dedicated to the nuns of the Russian Orthodox Convent of the Nativity of the Virgin in the Kaluga region of Russia in honour of their caring, compassionate work on behalf of unwanted and abandoned animals, especially cats. A local resident has links with the convent and during the service will give a presentation about its work on behalf of animals in need. Click to find out more.
We are looking for people to join our group in Wandsworth, could you help? We have 10 members and have picked a few more up from Vegfest. We also need someone to help with the monthly meetings and a place to meet, any ideas?
Find us on Facebook and say hello!
Pleaces to eat out suggested by Mike Grahn from Wandsworth Friends of the Earth after Thomas Micklewright visited them for their monthly meetup.
Girasole in Garratt Lane is a nice family-run Italian restaurant and is located near to Earlsfield train station.
South Indian restaurants in Tooting High Street and around. The back room at Jaffna House is a favourite, but others are pure vegetarian which this is not.
Gallapagos in Battersea High Street always have something tasty as one of their three daily specials.
Maybe: Green Thai Cafe another local on Garratt Lane, but I’m not sure whether they use a dash of fish sauce in their many vegetable dishes (it would be traditional for Thai cuisine). Can anyone confirm this?
putting the physical reality to shame and helping you create your own amazing world in the virtual one wireless headset it becomes important to have the best immersive experience possible