Hello! Welcome to Southwark Vegan Society. Get involved by…
- trying some freebies at our next meet up: TBC
- volunteering for our Southwark Meat Free Mondays campaign, to make Southwark greener and healthier.
- Sign up to our e-newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and then follow us on Facebook and Twitter
We are working with Southwark council, businesses, schools, faith groups, health centres and the local media to promote #Southwark #MeatFreeMonday.
This campaign will make Southwark residents healthier and reduce their impact on the environment.
Where can you buy vegan food in Southwark?
Take a look at the map below (I would open the full map here) to see the best places to eat out and buy vegan and veggie products. Want a place adding to the map? – get in touch.
Best places to eat vegan in Southwark
- Blue Brick Cafe, Fellbrigg Rd, meeting place of the Southwark Vegans, great homemade vegan food.
- Dulwich Supermarket, LL – vegan groceries
- Barry’s, Barry Road. Vegan sausages, icecream, cream, soya, rice and almond milk.
- SMBS, Lordship Lane (LL) – specialist vegan food, mock meats and icecreams.
- Dulwich Healthmatters, LL – vegan health and nutrition specialists.
- Pizza Express, Dulwich Village
- Blue Mountain – some vegan food.
- Mean Green Foods: Yvettemakes handmade quinola fritters, aubergine bakes and scotch bonnet chutney. Stall on Fridays and Saturdays at Captured on the Rye at 85 Pellatt Road.
PECKHAM & CAMBERWELL
- Puzzle Organico: Rye Lane – vegan chocolate cake, smoothies and organic vegetables
- Persopolis: selection of spices/food, run by Sally Butcher and author of Veggiestan: A Vegetable Lover’s Tour of the Middle East
- Ganapati: south Indian vegan food
- Cool Cat’s Cafe – Toby Maclean (a vegetarian himself) serves all homemade food: pesto spaghetti £8, Butterbean burger in a roll served with oven roast potatoes £8, gnocchi in a pepper and tomato sauce £10, hummus and sourdough bread £4.
SOUTHWARK, BOROUGH, BERMONSEY & ROTHERHITHE
- Gujarati Rasoi: Delicious Southern Indian vegetarian food
- The Veggie Table: Yummy vegetarian food
- Rabot Estate: Monmouth Espresso based coffee drinks with soy milk options
- Blueprint Café: Wonderful vegan food – they even made us our own printed vegan menu. Great for fine vegan dining in SE1!
Spread the word to your friends by using these lovely buttons…