Fancy trying a homemade vegan burger? Give this one a go!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/3 cup of ground nuts or seeds (of your choice)
- Optional salt and pepper to season
- Grind up nuts or seeds.
- Finely dice and fry the onion in a little oil.
- Mix together the parsley, garlic, spices and lemon juice.
- Place the mixture from step 3 in a food mixer along with the chickpeas and fried onion.
- Add the ground nuts.
- Have a little taste and add salt and pepper if required.
- Use your hands to roll into a ball and divide the falafel into 4 burgers. Flatten into the desired shape.
- Place burgers in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before baking.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees. Take the burgers out when they seem firm but not too crispy on the outside.
Serve with sweet potato wedges and salad. We always have houmous on the side as well.
Here is the simple recipe for hummus…
With your support, we will make London the most vegan friendly city in the world 🙂
Please transfer the money to:
London Vegan Societies
s/c 089299 a/c 65812673
Have a look below and see which projects you would like to chip in to, and if you have any questions call Tom on 07789 322 920.
PROJECTS THAT NEED FUNDING TODAY
Help us tell the people of Peckham about all the wonderful vegan food available locally!
We need £32 to print 1,000 of these flyers – can you chip in some cash?
What a wonderful weekend it would be if we could get it funded over the weekend 🙂
Thomas Micklewright and the Peckham Vegans team
07789322920 – if you have any questions
Vegan in London? Stand up and be counted to help us record the rise of veganism in London…
The census will close on 30th November 2016 and reopen on 1st November 2017 – see you next year!
Every November we’ll be doing a vegan census to answer…
- How many vegans live in London today?
- Which of London’s 32 boroughs is the most vegan?
- What is London’s favourite vegan business?
- Do vegans feel supported by their friends and family?
- What are vegans prepared to do to help London become the MOST VEGAN FRIENDLY CITY IN THE WORLD!
Are you a vegan parent (or want to be one!) in London? We are here to answer questions about life as vegan parents and run fun meet ups so you can meet other vegan parents too 🙂
We look forward to seeing you soon at our next meet-up..
Dates following soon…..
Previous mummy meet-ups…
October 2016 – Lola’s Vegan Cupcake taste test!! See what you missed..
April 14 2016 – Free food-tasting session at Aneto Café, East Dulwic
London Vegan Mums teamed up with plant-based food company More Than Meat for a delicious taste testing session.
Nuala, Abby, Clare and Laura