A number of people have asked, so here is my guide to making yummy fried tofu…
- ‘Firm’ Tofu (£1.20 from local Oriental Supermarket, but is sold in most supermarkets)
- nuts and seeds – cashew, almond, sunflower, pumpkin (and maybe some diced spring onion)
- vegetable oil
- soy sauce
- ginger + garlic + salt
- non-stick pan
2. Make it…
- heat the pan (no oil at this point)
- cut up the tofu into reasonably sized squares
- whack em in, lay them flat
- heat for 10 minutes turning regularly until they brown and crisp slightly
- whack in the nuts and seeds, along with a splash of oil
- fry until golden, splash on the soya sauce (not vital)
- add the spring onions and crushed garlic and ginger for flavouring
- keep stirring and give it a taste
3. Eat it!
Tweet me a picture on @LondonVeganSoc and let me know how it goes!
Tell your friends how tasty tofu can be by using these lovely buttons…
Here at the LVS we love to help out people with tailored diets, such as lactose and gluten intolerance. Have a look at the following for some food ideas…
Hello, I’m Nia and I love to prove to people that gluten free vegan foods aren’t dry and tasteless! I love being vegan and creating foods that people haven’t had since they were young and using different flavour combinations like in my strawberry and basil donuts.
I love hearing great feedback from my customers and improving products even if I was happy with it last week. I make foods from lemon meringue pies to nightshade free sauce growing up with allergies, intolerances or choosing a cruelty free lifestyle doesn’t have to be dull.
For more info see Nia’s Allergy Friendly Foods on here website, twitter page or email email@example.com.
We know it, but most people don’t. Vegan Food Is Everywhere.
Caroline and her husband are vegans living in Toronto, Canada. They have created a website for vegans and the vegan-curious. It’s (probably) the world’s first vegan food spotting website. Their goal is to put every vegan dish, at every restaurant in the world, on a big Google map. They currently have over 1500 dishes mapped around the world, including some in England, Canada, United States, Australia, Scotland, China, France, Singapore, Norway, and India. New dishes are being added by the community every day, and we are building new features all the time.
Take a look at Vegan Food Is Everywhere – here at London Vegan Societies we believe that this can grow into an amazing tool for vegans everywhere, but we need help adding dishes and spreading the word.
Together, we can debunk the myth that it’s difficult to dine out as a vegan!