Peckham is full of vegan delights! Scroll down for events, best places to eat out and how to get involved. Tell us your vegan finds on Peckham Vegan Facebook group or tweet us a picture @Peckhamvegans.
Events – join us for food and chats
Feb 25th 2017 – Vegan meet up
Join the Peckham Vegans at 12pm on Saturday 25th February 2017 at Caribbean restaurant Zionly Manna (48 Rye Lane Market), where vegan chef Jahson will be cooking us a mouthwatering lunch.
RSVP via the Facebook Event.
Get your tickets for free vegan food here.
Help fund it – we need to raise £1,600, will you chip in £10 and help 3 people try vegan food for free? Donate now!
Where to eat out and shop vegan in Peckham…
Watch this video for the low down…
Take a look at this map…
Eating out – the best places in Peckham
Zionly Manna – delicious carribean food run by Jahson, who is so passionate about healthy food at affordable prices. Its also the meet up spot for Peckham Vegans.
Persopolis: Sally Butcher (lol) and her husband The Shopkeeper have been sharing selection of spices/food, run by Sally Butcher and author of Veggiestan: A Vegetable Lover’s Tour of the Middle East
Banh Banh – delicious Vietnamese vegan food – spring rolls and stir frys. So fresh and healthy, its a favourite of ours.
Ganapati: south Indian vegan food
- Cool Cat’s Cafe – Toby Maclean (a vegetarian himself) serves all homemade food: pesto spaghetti £8, Butterbean burger in a roll served with oven roast potatoes £8, gnocchi in a pepper and tomato sauce £10, hummus and sourdough bread £4
- Bambuni – lovely café and deli opposite Nunhead Green – ask they will make a fantastic vegan sandwich, and they have soya milk
- The Old Nun’s Head – serves vegan burgers every night and a nut roast on Sundays (you have to ask for no Yorkshire puddings).
- Dish and Spoon – lovely vegan soup
- The Rye Pub – had quite a nice vegan dish when we ate there recently – or possibly it was a modified veggie dish – a kind of stuffed aubergine thing.
Eating in – where to shop vegan
Puzzle Organico: Rye Lane . Renato sells vegan chocolate cake, smoothies and organic vegetable
Holland and Barrett – great range of vegan mock meats
Khans bargain store – great for spices and dates
Fruit and veg – Peckham is awash with fruit and veg markets
Want to get involved? Join us on Facebook.