Clapham is an area within the Borough of Lambeth. It has a selection of vegan and vegetarian restaurants and shops but not as many as some of the other areas in Lambeth, such as Brixton.
Leader: Marika Kulesza. Quote TBC
- Thursday 27 June 2013 Social meeting in Clapham North, Lambeth Borough tonight from 7.15pm! Alkarmel Vegetarian Cafe, 95 Landor Road.
- April was at Carmen’s Tapas – its great to meet vegans and veggies local to the Clapham area.
We know it, but most people don’t. Vegan Food Is Everywhere.
Caroline and her husband are vegans living in Toronto, Canada. They have created a website for vegans and the vegan-curious. It’s (probably) the world’s first vegan food spotting website. Their goal is to put every vegan dish, at every restaurant in the world, on a big Google map. They currently have over 1500 dishes mapped around the world, including some in England, Canada, United States, Australia, Scotland, China, France, Singapore, Norway, and India. New dishes are being added by the community every day, and we are building new features all the time.
Take a look at Vegan Food Is Everywhere – here at London Vegan Societies we believe that this can grow into an amazing tool for vegans everywhere, but we need help adding dishes and spreading the word.
Together, we can debunk the myth that it’s difficult to dine out as a vegan!
Which Borough do you think is the most vegan and veggie friendly? Will your local borough make the top 3 in London? Comment on this page to get your selection added to the list. We want to know the best 3 places in your borough!
- Camden – Cookies and Scream, Inspiral Lounge Wild Food Cafe
- Islington – Vx vegan shop (Caledonian Rd) Planet organic (Essex Rd) The Gate Vegetarian Restaurant (St John’s Street) Drink Shop & Do on Caledonian Rd opens late and does delicious vegan cake (as well as alcohol!)
- Which borough do you think should be next?
Potential boroughs for the 3rd spot!
Lambeth – Brixton: Ms Cupcake, Brixton Village, Clapham: Common: Carmen – Clapham Vegans meeting place, great vegan tapas High Street: Eco – vegan pizza
Harrow – Yummy V, Karma Free Pizza and Saravanaa Bhavan. Pizza Village in Eastcote also has vegan pizzas with vegan cheese
Tower Hamlets – Gallery Cafe Hackney – Pogo cafe Southwark – East Dulwich: Indian Mishief, Blue Brick Cafe, SMBS, Peckham: Persopolis, Ganapati Richmond – Tide Tables Cafe Greenwich – what can you suggest? Lewisham – what can you suggest?
Post your comments below.