You have skills and time, use them to make London the most vegan city in the world! Its as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1) What would I do?
Donate two hours a week (whenever suits you best) and we will provide you with training and monthly meetings to review successes (and eat yummy food!). All you need is a skill, a laptop and a passion for promoting veganism.
2) Pick a role
Eat Peckham Vegan event – 20th May 2017
Will you help us give out 250 free vegan meals over the weekend in South East London? We need….
- 4 x Stall manning – giving out free food and recipes
- 10 x Flyerers – in week and on the day
- 1x Photographer 1x video camera person – to capture all the glorious vegan food eating
- 2 x creative designers – create posters and social graphics
- 2x social media + press – promote the event
- Community contacts 1x school, 1x Church – for food tastings and cookery demonstrations
3. Apply by email
To apply email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Volunteering: *insert choice*’ and copy and paste the following completed details:
- Role choice/ skills:
- Postal address:
- Hour a week / which days can you volunteer:
4. Thanks! Speak soon
Outreach – general volunteers needed
- Peckham flyering (10x flyerers and one flyerer coordinator – January 2017) distributing our new Peckham flyer to promote vegan shops. Check out the flyer!
- Designer (2x URGENTLY NEEDED) – to create flyers / posters and social media graphic
- Social media contact (2x NEEDED) – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to promote our events / out reach
- Business contact (2x NEEDED)- finding, networking and promoting businesses that serve vegan products in Peckham – check out our EAT PECKHAM CAMPAIGN.
- Education contact (2x NEEDED) – contacting secondary school in Southwark to start meat free monday in their canteen and promote it to their pupils
- Society Leader – (Camden or Hackney leader needed) Scroll down for the full information – organise local meet ups, create a local vegan business flyer.
Society leaders – (Camden and Hackney needed)
Do you want to promote veganism in your local area?
Drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom on 07789 322 920.
What do leaders do?
- Live locally: this helps each society understand the quirks of its own borough, and react quickly to local issues.
- Gather support/volunteers via the Facebook group
- Create a vegan flyer to promote your group and the vegan shops in your area. Check out what we have done in Peckham.
- Hold a local vegan meet-up and meet vegans in the local area. Some groups have talks, ranging from vegetable growing tips, beer tastings and raw food cookery classes. Leaders facilitate these meetings, eg. book seats in the café, advertise the meeting with flyers and on social media.
Have a read of these how to guides…
- How to start a society in three months: Starting a Society First 3 months
- In depth guide: LVS Leaders & Helpers Guidebook