Fancy trying a homemade vegan burger? Give this one a go!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/3 cup of ground nuts or seeds (of your choice)
- Optional salt and pepper to season
- Grind up nuts or seeds.
- Finely dice and fry the onion in a little oil.
- Mix together the parsley, garlic, spices and lemon juice.
- Place the mixture from step 3 in a food mixer along with the chickpeas and fried onion.
- Add the ground nuts.
- Have a little taste and add salt and pepper if required.
- Use your hands to roll into a ball and divide the falafel into 4 burgers. Flatten into the desired shape.
- Place burgers in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before baking.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees. Take the burgers out when they seem firm but not too crispy on the outside.
Serve with sweet potato wedges and salad. We always have houmous on the side as well.
Here is the simple recipe for hummus…